For those who are thinking of becoming a member of Thailand ‘s leading dive training organization, this is the place to go. The Divemaster course is the entry into the professional level of diving education and therefore plays a dominant role within a diving school.
What is expected of you as a divemaster is:
- A high level of personal scuba skills
- Instructor level knowledge of diving theory
- Had significant training in how to assist an instructor during training activities
- Able to assume appropriate responsibilities that benefit the welfare of other divers.
In other words, you’re the cream of the crop and we want you!
As you may know, many Divemasters go on to become Instructors. So the training and experience you gain trough the Divemaster programme helps shape your abilities and attitude toward becoming a professional level diving educator.
As a Divemaster, you’ll be qualified to:
- Organise, conduct and supervise recreational diving activities, both land and boat based – Thailand liveboard or day trips
- Assist Instructors in conducting Diver programmes.
To qualify for Divemaster training, you’ll need to:
- Be certified as an Advanced Open Water Diver
- Be certified as a Rescue Diver
- Have logged a minimum of 40 open water dives prior to entry into Divemaster training, and completed and logged a minimum of 60 open water dives with experience in night, deep, navigation and search & recovery prior to certification as a Divemaster
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be in good physical condition for diving and submit a medical exam form signed by a physician.
You’ll complete 3 phases in the Divemaster programme:
- Watermanship and skills assessment
- Watermanship and stamina
- General diving skills
- Diving physics
- Diving physiology
- Diving skills and environment
- Supervising students in training
- Dive management and control
- Dive planning
- Emergency assistance plan for diving emergencies in the local diving area
- Mapping a local dive site
As a Divemaster you’ll be able to:
- Act as certified instructional assistant to Instructors
- Supervise participants in experience programmes for uncertified divers
- Generally supervise both training and no training related diving activities by planning, organising and directing dives
- Teach and certify Skin Divers
- Conduct a Scuba Review program for certified divers
- Enrol in Instructor level training.
Upon successfully completing the Divemaster programme, you’ll receive a certification card and wall certificate denoting this rating.
Location: Koh Samui/Koh Tao, Thailand
Duration: 15+ days, depending on your skill development. This timeframe assumes pre-study, so if you don’t have chance to do that, then add an extra 7 to 10 days.
Includes: experienced instructor, DM Manual, use of latest training materials including DVD’s and CD-ROM’s, boat transfers with lunch and drinks on the boat.
You will need to buy the Encyclopaedia of Recreational Diving, and Knowledge Development Workbook, Recreational Dive Planner Table and Wheel versions, Electronic RDP and Divemaster slates as part of the course, or supply them yourself. You will also need to pay the DM application fee and membership fees direct to the dive organisation, and you will be expected to have 30 logged dives by the start of the course. Please note, that you must have at least 60 logged dives and your own equipment to gain your Divemaster qualification.
Book now and go pro!